External examiner nomination forms are typically paper-based and subsequently involve unnecessary, manual data entry - Not any more!
We are very happy to announce the new external examiner nomination service. This service digitalises the process of external examiner nominations and streamlines this process to include the following:
- Initial nomination of external examiners
- Interaction and gathering of information from external examiners
- Endorsement by department heads or nominees
- Central management by primary external examiner administrators
- Institutional approval of appointment
- Acceptance of contract by external examiners
- Automated Guru account creation for external examiners
This functionality is available to all institutions. Please contact us about enabling the service and we can have you up and running within a few minutes.
Identifying External Examiners for Replacement
A recurring problem for institutions is the frequent late nomination of external examiners. Often it is not until final examination boards before programme chairs/department heads realise that an external examiner has completed their 3-4 year term of office. Guru provides visualisations for academics to make them aware of the timelines of external examiners. This highlights external examiners who are coming close to their “retirement” and facilitates quick and easy nomination of replacement examiners.
We have created a brief video to describe the process: